Share With the World Fundraiser Sunday 22nd November 2020 at 5:30pm
Share With the World is an initiative of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, that focuses on fundraising initiatives for overseas mission work in both Africa and Asia. WITH THE BLESSING OF HIS EMINENCE ARCHBISHOP MAKARIOS WE HAVE “THE SHARE WITH THE WORLD” FUNCTION ON THIS SUNDAY 22 NOVEMBER AT 5:30PM (mainly online).
From 5:30pm on the day of the function the faithful will be able to follow the fundraiser with the YouTube link below:
Also as part of the fundraising efforts we have launched
We hope you are well. This month there is a lot happening with the Feast day of our Church and other important events. We pray St Stylianos guides us. Some of the other things to note are:
1) A well organised mainly online function for helping our missions in Africa and Asia is happening physically at St Paraskevi Blacktown on the 22nd of November at 5:30pm with the blessing of Archbishop Makarios (read message). Online silent auction, donations and the purchase of a one-off raffle for a beautiful mosaic Icon of Christ will be available online and at our Parish.
This function will be able to be viewed live on Youtube on the day of the event. If you’d like to donate or purchase any of the auction items see the relevant websites below:
2) Our Parish is participating in a blood/plasma drive and we encourage all to donate. Visit the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Blood Drive challenge page
3) Our Parish is also working with the Greek Welfare Centre for the month of November to collect non perishable food, vouchers, money, new clothes or kitchen items for those in need in Sydney (View flyer information in English or Greek). If one of our Parishioners needs help please let us know.
4) The Orthodox Cafe and Bookstore continues every Sunday after the Holy Liturgy at 11am. Also our Wednesday Christian Fellowship continues at 7:30pm.
Please refer to the Program for Services & Feast Days & St Stylianos Day.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
With the blessing of his grace, Bishop Emiliano’s, the Sain Ypomoni Family and Friends Mission has been established to try and assist in fulfilling the needs of families.
Current activities include:
- Mini Me Fellowship – where children present themselves on a Saint of their choosing to each other.
Iviron monastery is one of the biggest monasteries on Mt Athos. It is an amazing monastic community and building that is set in a beautiful area of the world: the Garden of the Mother of God! It’s been made by a professional photographer who spends a lot of time at the monastery. It is very inspirational and a blessing that we have such monastics praying for us . Enjoy!
VOLUNTEER SCRIPTURE TEACHERS NEEDED
We would like to kindly ask you to help our team of volunteer teachers to help young kids learn more about the Bible and the Orthodox Church in Public Schools.
Please look at becoming a Scripture teacher. It is not something difficult but it is a great blessing for all. In particular is would be good to be part of the “be there for me” campaign as some of our teachers are elderly and need support at this time. Please feel free to watch this video prepared by the body that coordinates Scripture in Public Schools for which we are members.
May God bless you and your family.
Fr Constantine Varipatis(can be contacted on 0418 511 212)
It gives us great joy to announce the completion of the Ascension fresco above the Altar by Petar Stephanovic at our Gymea Parish. We thank Petar, but in particular the anonymous donor for doing this. May God bless you and your family. We know this will inspire us for generations to come.
ANNOUNCEMENTS (In both Greek and English):
Sunday School lessons
Meanwhile, if families wish they may access the weekly Sunday School lessons of our Archdiocese. These are available for primary and infants.
They can be accessed at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9qx3P05LU-Jb7chkRmLcrQ