Message from Father Constantine
In this 16th year of the Parish we glorify God and we pray God continues to bless us. We realise there is much more work to be done in our Community but with prayer and dedication the future is bright.We continue to rely on your prayers and attendance at the Holy Services and the various activities of the Parish.
If you have friends and family who would like to subscribe to our Newsletter please forward them this email
and ask them to simply click on the "Join our Mailing List.
Recently, we have started proceedings to see if it is feasable to build a Primary School in the Parish. Your opinion and possible support would be appreciated. We can rejoice at the “team effort” involved to move ahead as a Parish. It is only your generosity and presence that encourages and strengthens our work.
Primary School concept diagrams
We would like to acknowledge all the efforts of our Parishioners. We would like to thank our Parish President Dr John Macarounas and all our hard working Committees. We pray God gives them and all of you as Parishioners strength, enlightenment and health for the progress of your families and indeed, the extended family of the Parish.
A big thank you goes to the Church Committee, Ladies Auxiliary, Chanters, Altar boys and our volunteer cleaners and gardeners. To the children and teachers of Scripture, Sunday School, Youth Groups, Play Group, Greek School, Greek Dancing, Scouts and Cubs and so many more people, thank you, and God bless you all in a very special way.
Activities of the Parish
- Sunday School
- Greek School
- Teenage Fellowship
- Adult Fellowship
- Scouts and Cubs
- OMAΔA HLIKIΩMENΩN
- Byzantine Music Lessons
- Play Group
We have been blessed
with a new, magnificent Marble iconostasis which adorns the church.
This has been built through the grace of God, and we would be humbled
by your donations to assist us in paying for this beautiful structure.
Please contact Fr. Constantine Varipatis on 0418 511 212, or send
a cheque or money order to P.O.Box 170 Sylvania Sydney, N.S.W 2224
Photogallery and video from the St Stylianos Feast Day Panigyri
Programme for the blessing of houses
Things to remember for 2013 ...
- English Liturgy every 1st Saturday of the Month starting 2nd of March at 5.45 pm.
- Omada Group (High School boys youth group) is being proposed in the Hall for every SATURDAY at 4.00 pm from March. Any one interested should contact Fr Constantine.
- Adult Fellowship begins 13th Feb 7.30 pm at Hall
It will be held on WEDNESDAYS.
- Sunday School begins the first Sunday in March. Please gather in the Church and then go to the Hall.
- Our Parishes Scouts and Cubs start back on Friday 1st of FEBUARY in the Hall at 6.30 pm
- Greek School enrolments are 1st week of February:
At Tharawall (Mon 4th Feb) & at Gymea (Tues 5th Feb). Classes start 11th Feb at Tharawall and 12th and 13th Feb at Gymea. NB FOR GYMEA: CLASSES FOR KINDY 1 & 2 ON TUESDAYS AND 3,4,5 & 6 ON WEDNESDAYS 4.00 - 6.30pm
- Greek Dancing Registration for will be Wed 30th Jan at Sylvania Hts Primary for all ages and Tuesday 5th Feb at Gymea Church Hall for beginners only. Enquiries:0431152159 (Maria)
- Senior’s group (Tuesdays 9.30am) starts 12th February
- Play Group (Thursdays 10am) starts 14th February Further Information
- Byzantine Music Lessons ( Friday 5.30pm) starts 1st Feb
Teaching the word of God is a great blessing for us all. We need parents who are prepared to dedicate an hour a week to teaching our children.
Parishioners are requested to be mindful of neighbours,
and respectful of nature strips when parking in and around the church
grounds. Those vehicles that are illegally parked will be fined
by the local council.